Under Night In-Birth - Gameplay Primer
- Movement & Guarding
- Attacking System
- Command System
- Defense System
- EXS System
- GRD System
- Control layout is showing 1P side (left side of the screen). If playing on 2P side (right side of the screen) the movement controls would be reversed.
- The button layout will vary by controller settings set by the player.
- This bar represents how many hit points your character has left. The bar depletes when the character receives any attacks, which will in turn create a red portion of health that will show how much will be depleted.
- This bar indicates how much points of EXS the character has readily available. It fills up on confirming attacks, blocking attacks, taking damage, whiffed normals, and through Chain Shift.
- During the first round both characters start with 0 EXS, but EXS carries over to the next round and the maximum amount it can reach is 200.
- This displays the current amount of GRD stocks each character has. With each new stock their defense/offense are increased. GRD is also slowly filled when your attacking but decreases while your being attacked.
- GRD does not carry onto the next round.
- A maneuver that is similar to a mini hop or Instant Air Dash in other fighters. It's mainly used for pressure to stay on the opponent and cost 10 EXS.
- Each Assault maneuver is unique to every character.
- Assaults can also be performed in the air
5. Normals & Guarding
- The character becomes stationary and begins self meditating, which slowly fills up their GRD stocks at the cost of EXS over time.
- It also decreases the opponents GRD.
- The higher your GRD is, the slower the rate at which it increases.
6. Attack System
- Gold Throws are signified by a golden glyph that appears around the character once they have been thrown. This will only occur if the character is currently in block or hitstun when they are thrown. They are also given time to tech the Throw, as opposed to normal Throws where no tech time is given.
7. Command System
- [Specific Commands+]
- Input specific commands with the C button while the character has at least 100 or more EXS will initiative their EX Skill.
8. Defense System
Chain Shift (D Twice)
- Chain Shift allows you to cancel the active/recovery frames of any move (only on hit/block) to make yourself safe.
- This technique converts all of your GRD (no matter how much you have) into your EXS gauge.
- Each GRD stock is equal to about 10-15 EXS points.
- Can only be activated if the player has the GRD Vorpal bonus.
9. EXS System
10. GRD System
- Every 15 in game second the game gives a 20% damage increase bonus to whoever is in the lead of their GRD stocks. So within an entire match a GRD Vorpal bonus should happen about 6 times.
- A circle in the middle of the GRD Gauge will fill up over time to visually represent when the next GRD Vorpal bonus will be given.
- But if both players have all 6 stocks (or an equal amount of GRD) of their GRD full, GRD Vorpal will not occur. i.e., it only activates when one player has more GRD than the other.
- If you are currently in a GRD Vorpal state and have 6 GRD stocks total, it is possible for your GRD to overlap onto your opponents stocks if they have less then 6 themselves.
- Your GRD will take up their area and limit how much they can increase during the duration of this feature. Wither you get offense/defense bonuses from stolen GRD areas is unclear.
- Receiving a hit while Shielding is active will break your guard and result in your GRD being reset to 0 and frozen (GRD can no longer be obtained) for about 5 in-game seconds.
Last edited by Serph; 09-20-2012 at 04:09 PM.