~Discuss the matchup against the boxer here~
~Discuss the matchup against the boxer here~
Last edited by Zorgen; 03-10-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Akihiko is a little easier to land anti air 2B on, use it often if air dashing is his preferred method of starting his offense. If he comes at you with an instant air dash, sub 2B for 5A and go into the standard air combo transition.
Is there any way to get a good fatal counter on him? He seems to be kind of beefy and I'd like to find a better way to get bigger damage on him.
I think its pretty good to pressure with Jiraiya because you really dont want this guy all up on your face you wanna be all up on his face but pay close attention when your fighting a akihiko considering he does a ton of damage on you in counter hit
yosukes sweep is a good move plus it goes under hes 5A and hits him during kill rush
Also if he does a random awakening super (which is that storm thing) just trip it with your R action and you wont get hit
I also found out if he does j,C and you do your R-Action on reaction you will get rid of one of his persona cards and you'll trip him afterwards when he trips just pick him up with 2A and then combo afterwards
Instant Block all of Kill Rush and your life will be twice as easy. You'll be able to escape for free. but be careful, a good aki would notice he is being IB and will probably go for duck/weave shenanigans.
-beware of EX Kill Rush. It's very fast and closes gaps really quick
- be careful of Level 3 EX Corkscrew. It's very fast and he's invincible for a short period of time. DO NOT CHALLENGE THIS; if you are just DP him. but if you see him building wind gauge, don't let your guard down.
- his j.a. ugh, this normal is actually pretty good air to air. if an aki is doing this close up either AA or stay away from him. his 5A is damn good too and fast as hell. but as Milln said, 2AB goes low profile under it which is very interesting.
- his 2B is good too. it is also capable of hitting from behind. if he gets you on counter hit, you are possibly going to take alot of damage since he can j.B loop from it. Oh and if he knocks you down after a corkscrew, he can perform a 2B as a meaty.. if you were caught pushing buttons(besides DP) it will hit you and he can confirm into another knockdown. Be aware of this method though, he can get you use to thinking he will always go for a meaty but that's where aki's mixups really shine.. training the opponent to make more mistakes so he can get free fatals into dead.
- Ex Hook is a damn good move. it's honestly his best move. has full guard point and fatals? pssh.. don't even mess with it if he's at level 3(he can crumble) but luckily for us he shouldn't abuse it alot in this matchup since we have datbasedDP.
- watch out for his grabs in level 3.
- KAISER!/CEASAR! is also another normal you should keep an eye out for. i mean no one likes seeing yosuke fly across the screen back and forth lol
- IAD j.B is really good. if he knocks you down, and goes for this.. don't try to AA him. it hits pretty deep so your best option would be rolling or guarding. i would say dp but a certain distances, he can safe jump with this.
-Akihiko has a short range, so Aki's tend to compensate by using Kill Rush A. If it whiffs, PUNISH THAT G.
-Your DP can get you out of so many things. Just be wary when Aki has meter. But even then, DP.
-5A/2A so gewd. 5A can AA Aki very reliably, so if you see a counterhit 5A, FOLLOW DAT UP.
-When Aki goes for an IAD j.B in the corner, if he does it right, you must block. It's a safe jump OS that beats out DP, Rolls, Supers, and Throws. Block high dude!
-You can fatal Aki when you block his DP, block any version of Corkscrew, the start-up of Caesar's attacks (if your fast enough), and whiffed Kill Rushs off the top of my head.
-IBing any of his Kill Rushs, and A Hook will make your life so much easier. You can retaliate out of his follow-ups except for DP, Super, EX Weave and EX Hook, but that's about it. So get use to doing that. IBing B Hook will still give him the frame advantage, but the spacing is too far for anything significant (gives Aki +1 on block if IB'd B Hook).
-Ex Hook is slow so do anything but attack it, yea? IBing that will give ya +1 frame advantage.
-Aki's 5C/j.C are minus on block. However, he can backdash/forward dash from a blocked 5C. If he forward dashs a blocked 5C, HIT THAT G. Although I don't know what you can do off a blocked 5C if he stays there or backdashs, as it is -5 for him (or -7 if IB'd). With your speed, maybe you can punish him at that range?
-Compared that to 2C...Well, 5C hits farther but is less safe on block. If you block his 2C, you guys are both at neutral. The thing here is that if you IB it, you are at a 2 frame advantage, and he is close and crouching...Then again, he can also forward/backdash out of a blocked 2C.
-When Aki goes for a Lvl2/3 Cyclone Throw, he has no hitbox above his waist. So hit low, or hit that DP. They might use this knowledge against you, so they might AoA instead or DP, etc. In that case, might as well DP or Evade Dash. So pretty much>>>
Duck>Throw: You hit him. Duck>Anything else: Escape like the pansy you are. Backdashing is also effective for pretty much any of his followups, sans AoA, and his EX Cross-up>Anything. Again, IBING HELPS YO.
P.S.: Now a credible Yosuke player delves out Yosuke's weaknesses in the AkiVSYosuke matchup thread at the Aki forums. THANKS YOU'RE ALL FABULOOUSSSSSSSS
Last edited by FeelinTheWind; 11-13-2012 at 03:25 PM.
To be clear, run from him, don't be reckless. If possible finish him off before awakening or get him to the lowest health in awakening as you all know aki has about 10k health, does great dmg outside of FC and his comeback potential is very good.