05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I just got FUCKED. In the first freakin block of Tartarus.
I forgot how much more difficult this game is compared to 4 D:
Still, loving it on the PS3! It fits my tv screen perfectly without the graphics or text being blurred or distorted!
05-01-2012, 07:57 PM
The Edge of the Coin
The first block of Tartarus is the hardest by far. I dread the moment when I have to do it on Maniac on Portable.
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Going from Portable back to good ol FES is tricky. I forgot that getting back up takes your turn. On the other hand this means crafty infinites like the one on the reaper, but still. Enemy advantages are ALOT more deadly in this. What happened was Enemy Advantage:
Magic hand criticals Yukari. Gets extra turn. Bufu on Junpei
Magic hand 2 criticals Minato. Extra Turn. Bufu on Junpei. Junpei dies.
Magic hand (thanks to enemy advantage gets ANOTHER TURN) Bufu. Kill Yukari.
Minato gets up. Wastes turn.
Magic hand 2 kills him with Bufu.
It was saddening to watch ;__;
05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I still like P3's system better.
05-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Alright, finished The Journey (twice) and going through The Answer for now..
I just wanna say a few things about technical aspect for this uhh..'port' for the PS3 version. The actual game itself is still good, don't worry lol. Also, not all people share the same problem as me, so yeah.
- Save data gone when I want to save the game. I don't have any problems when loading the save data, but there are reported case that their save file gone as well. Just save A LOT in a different slot and you'll be fine, or have a backup save in your thumbdrive.
-PS3 roaring if I played for a long time. Now, I don't know if this problem also occurs on other PS2 PSN classics as well but my PS3 will go roaring and get hot if I played it for like 3-4 hours. This sounds kinda minor problem but we live in an age of YLOD/RROD so I kinda worried about this.
- PS3 controller doesn't sync right sometimes when I played the game. I don't know why but it doesn't bother me much, though I better tell you guys now lol.
- Freezing issues. During September bosses, there are a 'freezing' moment for about 15 seconds. Also minor. Though Ken once use Cruel Attack on downed enemies and it ended up freezing the game. Kinda sucks about that.
- Framerate drop during 'hot spring scene'. Minor stuff since its not a gamebreaker.
- Graphical flickering. It appears during the monorail mission at first where the train will go flickering. Some objects like Minato's bed also flicker. I didn't mind this although Golden shadows now are black colour and flicker so it's kinda confusing when you want to farm coins/Nihil weapons. EXCEPT THE LAST BLOCK OF TARTARUS. Hoooooooooolyyy shit. Walls and stairs flickers like crazy and the fact that its a 40+ floors makes it more crazy to endure that. Just...fuck that place. Go see a doctor when you finished that block >_>
Though for a 10$ game, its still good (except the problems I got so far) and I highly recommend anyone who didn't play P3 to buy it.
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I was stuck with The Answer ..... its not like P3P...
Damn u Direct Comands.... it was more easy on PS3 lol
05-08-2012, 01:08 AM
[Team Bring It!!!]
A better challenge & whole different mind-set. I never fully appreciated this game when I first purchased this game back in '08.
05-08-2012, 01:30 AM
I actually didn't really have any problems with the First Block of Tartarus.
I just found the weakness to every Shadow and exploited it.
Last edited by Phoenon; 05-08-2012 at 01:37 AM.
05-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Also on FES in hard mode on PS3, I keep getting destroyed by the Reaper, it's incredibly depressing lol.
05-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Ive never beaten FES I could have beaten it on PS2 when I got it on that system in May of last year, its just that after beating P3P like, 5 times I have little motivation to play FES. Im like in October on PS2, and in June on the PS3 port. I mostly bought the PS3 port to support Atlus lol. Now of course if P4 (my favorite RPG) comes as a PS3 port im gonna be on it like white on rice, seriously when Im on a roll I get WAAAY to addicted to P4.