+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers!* How they can continue off of the ending...

PSN
    Ask for it and I will send you it...
    Aigis

Post *Spoilers!* How they can continue off of the ending...

As most of you know Persona 2 was split into two separate games. Innocent Sin, then Eternal Punishment.(I'll get to how that relates to Persona 3 in a minute).

Minato's essence is still alive, just sealed away in Nyx, so he's not technically dead. In Persona 4 Margret mentions to Yu Elizabeth left to find a way to free "the blue haired boy" from his seal. Along side that there are constant references in Persona 4 Arena about him. We also learn into some more about Mitsuru, Aigis, Akihiko, and Fuuka(a bit) on where there lives took them after the events of Persona 3.

Now you might have noticed they did leave a lot of cliff hangers for the Persona 3 saga. Such as what happened with the characters between the events of P3 and P4A. How much has Elisabeth actually accomplished within her time away in trying to free him? And most of all will we see his return anytime soon?

A lot of Persona 3 fans hope he will come back in Persona 5. That is more then unlikely to happen. This brings me back to Persona 2 being split into two games. In the first you play as Tatsuya, while in the second you play as Maya. In both Persona 2s both characters played major roles, just when the later game came the protagonist switched. I think its more likely we will see something like that again with Persona 3 rather then seeing him in Persona 5. As in a second Persona 3(part 2). Maybe Elisabeth will become the next protagonist or we'll have Aigis again like in "The Answer". Minato most likely won't be the protagonist of the story when he is freed(just as Tatsuya wasn't in the second part/game of Persona 2).

In the case that they do bring him back in Persona 5(which is unlikely), Elizabeth and/or Aigis would most likely join the new partys team in one point of the game, bending the story to relate to Persona 3 and Minato...saving him and completely destroying Nxy. We saw something like this in Persona 2 Innocent Sin. Yukino(from Persona 1) joined your party, and we saw some appearances from other Persona 1 characters. You might think why not do this? Well its simple. Atlus most likely wants to attract more fans to the series. Making a direct sequel off of Persona 3, when Persona 4 barely comes off the main story of 3 could be a little irritating for newer fans(as in just 5 players(and maybe some 4)) or people who haven't played Persona 3. This would be a bad business move for them since the player would have a hard time getting into the plot of the story and trying to figure out who half the characters are. The difference between them doing so in Persona 2 with Yukino is because it didn't effect it into the main canon of the story to much. Though there were tons of references to Persona 1 while they kept the story for 2. Also take note how close the original releases were for the original Persona games(1, 2IS, and 2EP). We have a much bigger gap of the releases between 3 and 5.

In the end of Persona 4 Arena, its hinted that Yu and the gang are going to head to the city Persona 3 took place in. I highly doubt they would bend saving Minato into the next Persona 4? Arena game. As said before Atlus wants to keep new people getting into there games(= more sales). In Persona 4 Arena they re-explained the plot of Persona 4 Arena in a good amount of depth so newer fans wouldn't be confused. Also take note some fans of just Persona 4 were a bit confused when Aigis and the other appeared(not knowing a lot about Persona 3. I'm not pointing anyone out but I've been seeing confused P4 fans on various sites.) A lot of fans were confused about this since they didn't go to in depth in Persona 3s plot. And remember Persona 4 Arena is a spin off(in a way) of the series, its unlikely they would make the story canon to the rest of the series.

Atlus obviously hasn't let go of Persona 3 yet, especially since they are making the movie as of now. You can bet Persona 3 fandom should go up after that just like Persona 4 the Animation made its fandom go up. Its likely we'll see some more things to do with Persona 3 once this movie is released(maybe a trailer at the end of it for a continuation game lol).

Thanks if you read all of this and understood it. I've seen this discussed a few times but it never went into to much depth. So I made this topic...

PSN
    GrizzlyTrollton
    Naoto
    P4A does, in fact, spoil a lot of P3 without explaining anything, despite supposedly being the official sequel to P4. In that regard, I felt it was basically a P3 story that took place in P4's setting involving P4 characters.

The real main important characters in P4A's story were Labrys, Mitsuru, and Elizabeth IMHO. Most of the P4 cast took the backseat as the supporting role.

Also, Nyx is an absolute IIRC. She can't die. That's why all the party could do was repel and seal her. They couldn't kill her. Elizabeth's mission is to find a way to stop mankind from wishing for death because of it's suffering, so that Minato no longer needs to act as a seal to prevent the calling of Nyx again.
    ~ The truth hurts but don't let the pain drive you into denial. ~

PSN
    Androu1
    XBL
    I don't play online.
    Teddie
    I think the only thing Mr. Seal can get now is that his soul is freed. But he's not coming back to life. He shouldn't, at least, that would be stupid and would kill P3's "memento mori" thing. Also...

Quote Originally Posted by NickGlasses View Post
    A lot of fans were confused about this since they didn't go to in depth in Persona 3s plot. And remember Persona 4 Arena is a spin off(in a way) of the series, its unlikely they would make the story canon to the rest of the series.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it said that P4A IS canon? Though I personally don't know how that would work out, what with everybody's story contradicting each other's! (I honestly hate that shit)
    Last edited by Androu1; 08-31-2012 at 08:28 AM.

XBL
    Le bowl
    Elizabeth
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGlasses View Post

A lot of Persona 3 fans hope he will come back in Persona 5. That is more then unlikely to happen. This brings me back to Persona 2 being split into two games. In the first you play as Tatsuya, while in the second you play as Maya. In both Persona 2s both characters played major roles, just when the later game came the protagonist switched. I think its more likely we will see something like that again with Persona 3 rather then seeing him in Persona 5. As in a second Persona 3(part 2). Maybe Elisabeth will become the next protagonist or we'll have Aigis again like in "The Answer". Minato most likely won't be the protagonist of the story when he is freed(just as Tatsuya wasn't in the second part/game of Persona 2).
    The answer was the part 2, hence why there is P3 and P3Fes :P Anyway, obvious cliffhangers from the end of P4A indicate a sequel to that so maybe P3A (P4A2 but in port island). If not the movie could deal with Liz's journey, theres very little chance for another standard P3 sequel, at most a vita port.
    Main: Subs:

PSN
    redsilversnake
    Labrys
    You're getting a couple of things wrong. For starters, P3 MC isn't sealed in Nyx, he became a seal to keep Erebus from using her to destroy humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Androu1 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it said that P4A IS canon? Though I personally don't know how that would work out, what with everybody's story contradicting each other's! (I honestly hate that shit)
    Either the producer or director did indeed say that P4A is canon. As for the stories being mutually exclusive, Narukami's will most likely be the default for overall canon.

PSN
    Androu1
    XBL
    I don't play online.
    Teddie
    Quote Originally Posted by redsilversnake View Post
    As for the stories being mutually exclusive, Narukami's will most likely be the default for overall canon.
    That's what I'm guessing but I still don't know. Yu's story misses out a huge thing that does how up in some other stories: the Malevolent Entity taking the form of somebody's shadow and explaining his plan. That said, I still haven't finished all stories yet. Some say that Elizabeth's story is most likely canon but I do not know why yet, as I haven't played it!

The only one that we all know is canon is... Labrys'... PFFFFT!

PSN
    HeroMystic
    Elizabeth
    That's what I'm guessing but I still don't know. Yu's story misses out a huge thing that does how up in some other stories: the Malevolent Entity taking the form of somebody's shadow and explaining his plan. That said, I still haven't finished all stories yet. Some say that Elizabeth's story is most likely canon but I do not know why yet, as I haven't played it!

The only one that we all know is canon is... Labrys'... PFFFFT!
    I would agree that as a default, Yu's storyline would be canon, as I would see him being the one who fights Shadow Labyrs, but Yu's story is awfully dry compared to the other character's arcs.

The best case scenario would be to say every story is canon, but ArcSys/ATLUS would obviously organize it.

PSN
    GrizzlyTrollton
    Naoto
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroMystic View Post
    The best case scenario would be to say every story is canon, but ArcSys/ATLUS would obviously organize it.
    I feel that would be the only smart option.

To only make Yu's story the default canon would be idiotic IMO.
    ~ The truth hurts but don't let the pain drive you into denial. ~

PSN
    PateontologicoXX
    XBL
    tongshadow
    YuYuzuriha
    I think the only thing Mr. Seal can get now is that his soul is freed. But he's not coming back to life. He shouldn't, at least, that would be stupid and would kill P3's "memento mori" thing. Also...
    Every Persona game had a "happy" ending except for P3.
    So I'm afraid he's going to live again, since his body is just in coma.

And well, as for P4A2... the guys will have only some days to solve everthing before Golden Week is over.

PSN
    Androu1
    XBL
    I don't play online.
    Teddie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tong View Post
    Every Persona game had a "happy" ending except for P3.
    So I'm afraid he's going to live again, since his body is just in coma.
    Really? I thought P2IS' ending was really sad, from what I've heard. I still haven't played P2IS (I would hurry to play it if the PSP port of P2EP was announced for localization but it still hasn't, as far as I know!)...

But yeah, I wouldn't put it pass them to fuck with it, but I hope they don't.

+ Reply to Thread