Blah, score attack is bullshit. Is there a trick to bullshit it like there was in BBCS?
Also, does the AI still DP at fullscreen if you mash jab?
The closest thing to "bullshit" you're getting is using Instant Kills. They fall to them a fair bit. Maybe playing Naoto and only going for Mudoon/Hamaon. Still, easier said than done.
Actually, I did some Score Attack with Akihiko and Yukiko and I've confirmed the following ways to exploit the AI:
1) The AI never blocks at the beginning of a round. You can gold burst at the beginning of the round and 99% of the time it will hit, unless it's someone like Yosuke who manages to jump over it. Alternately, if you have a good R-Action that you can take pressure off of, like Kanji's, that works pretty well too.
2) The AI will block meaties but it won't block moves that hit a few frames later. You can knock the opponent down, do a near-meaty, and knock down again, etc. The AI rarely uses R-Actions, if ever (I've only ever see Teddie use them) but they will use supers, so be careful.
3) The AI never blocks consecutively if the gap is wider than a few frames. You can guarantee a hit on a blocking AI by ending the string with an unsafe move and canceling it into a super a few frames after they leave blockstun. I've never seen them block it when I've done this. For example, with Yukiko, I would do 2A 5AA 5B 5C 2C 236A (immediate release), delay, 236236C and the super would hit every single time.
4) The AI doesn't seem to recognize invulnerability on moves. You can do a move with lots of invul (AKihiko's IK, Naoto's IK, etc.) and the AI will run at you swinging at your sprite till it gets hit. Alternately, if you have a slow DP (i.e. Yukiko's R-Action) you can abuse the hell out of it because they will never try to block it. In general, I never see them block supers because they're always trying to poke them.
Using the above, I was able to cheese my way to victory against most of the cast by doing the following:
1) Burst at the beginning of the first round to get meter.
2) R-Action as they run back in and knock them down.
3) Run in and near-meaty them and end combo in knockdown, repeat. If they do manage to block somehow, end with a super-cancelable move and then cancel into a super with invulnerability.
4a) If your burst hasn't recharged yet or you lost the round, play the second round "legit". If you get 100 meter, use your IK. Most characters can just do the IK randomly and it'll hit.
4b) If your burst has recharged at the beginning of the next round, burst immediately and go straight into IK. This works 90% of the time. If it misses you may still have enough meter to burst again by the end of the round, so you can get as much as three shots at the IK in the last round.
The biggest problem is that some characters can pretty much instakill you with their supers (Kanji's throw does 9600 damage in Score Attack) which means you can get screwed by a random hit if you're unlucky. I'm trying to figure out ways to safely exploit Kanji's and Chie's AIs since they're the worst offenders as far as this goes.
Well actually Androu is right, instead of trying to "fight them" fair and square is easier to exploit the fails in the AI, with Aigis spamming Meggido easily got me to Akihiko who is the... 8th fight? lost count of them. And Yukiko falls easy for the Instant kill.
Against Kanji, if you walk forward a little bit after you knock him down, he will almost always do a command grab. Just jump over him and hit him in recovery
As for Chie, once she has 50 meter, she will almost always do God Hand. R-Action, or roll through it to deal with it.
In case there are any doubts, chaoschaos22 from Xbox360Achievements' forums has confirmed the requeriments to unlock the navigators.
While he says he hadn't done Aigis and Elizabeth, he later on posted further confirmation after beating SA with those two.I can verify the Score Attack Navigators to be;
Aigis: Win with Aigis, Labrys, and Mitsuru
Fuuka : Win with Yukiko, Akihiko, and Kanji
Nanako: Win with Yu, Elizabeth, Naoto, and Shabby
Yosuke: Win with Yosuke, Chie, and Teddie
how i change the navigator voice?, i bought the fuuka dlc but i dont know how to change it, the round call option its locked! :S :/
(never mind, im all ready figured out) :$
Last edited by Daxis; 08-20-2012 at 07:46 AM.
I did it. Feels good...man.